This is an example of your service page.
We've made it really easy to enter the content here. All you have to do when you log in is click
Services and then
Edit to change this text.
The real question is what should you put on this page?
That's a great question.
Here are a few things we think make a GREAT service page for a local business.
1. It's skimmable
First, the page should be skimmable.
That headline up there? Helps to make it really easy to catch someone's eye who is only "half reading" (maybe like you? ;-))
You'll also notice how the sentences here are short and sweet. That also helps.
2. It enters the conversation going on in the prospect's mind
When a prospect comes to this page, they're at some point in their decision-making process...the problem is you don't know which part. The could be:
- At the top of funnel: At this stage, they're trying to understand the scope of their problem (or goal) for themselves and trying to decide if it's worth pursuing.
- Middle of the funnel: At this stage, they've decided the problem (or goal) is worth pursuing, but trying to understand what to expect if they move forward.
- Bottom of the funnel: At this stage, they're "shopping" and trying to qualify vendors to help them.
The content on this page should speak to each of those perspectives a little bit, in order to help someone take the next action.
3. The next action is clear
You'll notice at the top of the page is a "Call to Action" prompting prospects to click and contact you. To the right, you'll see an option to add people to your mailing list. Both can be reasonable actions, depending on the prospect's journey.
In either case, the next step should be clear and the reasons for taking it compelling.
A best practice would be to have some sort of 'guide' or 'lead magnet' available for download (in exchange for contact information) that allows you to make a longer, more persuasive argument for prospects. Not sure how to do that? Talk to a Pro to learn how we can help!
4. It's persuasive, without being too "salesy"
There are a lot of things you can do to make a page persuasive, such as showcasing work, adding videos, and making sure your copywriting is on point.
The gallery below could be a good example to help persuade someone you know what you're doing. (For this site, we've also included a gallery for you to show off your work.)
5. It tells people how it works
One thing too many people neglect to do is let people know what happens after the sale.
For example, if you order this website, here's what will happen next:
- We'll start building this site right away.
- You'll receive access to ProHQ, along with some tasks to complete in order to get us specific information about your business.
- We'll set up that information and give you access to this site, so you can start editing it (unless you hire us to do the edits for you). Don't worry, we'll also include some instructional videos on how to update this site (head over to the blog to see what we mean).
- Once you're ready, we'll publish the website live to your servers. Easy, peasy, right?!
And now you can decide if that process works for you or not. Same thing goes for your prospects.
6. It includes an FAQ
Customers often ask the same questions. We recommend having an FAQ for each service page that addresses the questions. After all, you're going to get asked anyways, right?
All websites require hosting, which is the equivalent to the "land" under your home. Without land, you can't build. Without a server, you can't have a website. Our hosting is enterprise-level, starts at only $59/month, and includes a Pro keeping all the 'technical stuff' (like plugins, themes, etc) updated so that you don't have to worry about that.
All Super Sites include email Super Support for the first 30 days after you purchase, to help you get things just right. After 30 days, if you're like most of our customers, you'll keep Super Support active. We've worked hard to make it affordable for all small business.
Not a problem. We want your site to work for you. If you want us to customize this site, we're happy to do so. Talk to a Pro for details and pricing